5 days duration
This course is designed for saddlery students or beginners wishing to gain a sound and safe footing in bridle making.
Students will learn:
- Differing types of leather and their appropriate uses
- Examine leather for faults
- Preparation of leather, cutting, edging, staining, crease-marking, stitch-marking
- Knowledge of hand tools, needles and threads used in the construction of bridles
- Types of buckles and their fitting
- Safety in the workshop
This course is designed to give students a working knowledge of bridle making to achieve the correct method of working to obtain a high quality of workmanship. You will leave at the end of the course with a useful item of tack that you have made.
Tools, leather and buckles will be supplied by the school or students may bring their own. (A list of tools required can be obtained prior to starting the course) A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.