duration 5 days
The course will be teaching methods of repairing tack which will consist of a mixture of informal lectures and hands-on experience, for example:
- Re-flocking saddle panel (not saddle fitting)
- Making and fitting girth straps (GP and dressage)
- Fitting point and balance straps
- Cantle repairs
- Lacing in front and back of saddle
- Fitting D rings for crupper
- Repairs to saddle panel
- Repairs to headcollars and bridles
- Repairs to reins including re-rubbering by machine and hand stitching methods
- Repairs to girths.
- Renew elastic and buckles
- Hand-made threads used in saddlery repairs
If any students have particular areas of repair which have not been listed, every effort will be made to cover the subject required.
Students are encouraged to bring along their own repair work that they can work on in the course.
This course will be tailored to the abilities of the individual students and the time and tack available. However, as stitching is involved, some experience would be an advantage.
Tools, leather and buckles will be supplied by the school or students may bring their own.
(A list of tools required can be obtained prior to starting the course)
A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course